Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

What instrument do you play?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What instrument do you play?
Guitar
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Singer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Drum or Percussion
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Bass
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Piano or Keyboard
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other please specify
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Missing User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: What instrument do you play? Reply with quote

What do you play. I am a drummer. I can only really play the drums. But I wish I could play more. I know that some people play more that one instrument, but what do you do you consider your main ascet.
Missing User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking about it I think this should be in Music rather than General. You might want to move it so people who are looking at music section will notice it.

Thanks

Neal
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bass "noob." I'm learning, and having a great time with it....but refuse to call myself a "Bass Player" yet.

Very Happy

Cheers!

Hawk
Missing User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont be so hard on yourslef. If you can play 4 notes at an average speed your an assist. You would not believe how had it is to find a bass player these days let alone one thats any good. No one wants to be a Jack Bruce anymore. No guitarist wants to step down (as they see it) and play the bass not reliseing that a person who choses the bass as there first instrument of choice can really turn it into somthing special
Missing User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a guitarist. And I try to sing (some people even say it's pretty good). Yet I always wanted to be a helluva good drummer- any time we have a break during the practice session I go and smash my drummer's set (well- until he comes back and yells to 'stop smashing my fking set, you ar*se!' Wink ). My absolute praises to drummers.
Missing User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah why do other band members do that. It always such a racket. You no the key to a goood sound is in the wrist Laughing

when ever One of my other band memebers go to play my kit I have to leave the room because I cant stand the sound that comes from it.
gp1628

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think that the bassist at least would have a concept of rythm over "making as many hits as possible in the shortest time"
Im 12 years of percussion training. (drums)

Personally I only ever did stand-ins for the drummers. Even when I was a better drummer. I always liked being a roady. I get in free, get free drinks, get to dance all night, if there is few women to dance with then I get to dance with the bandmembers wives/girlfriends so they can have fun without worrying about the sharks. Then at the end of the night I get the dissapointed groupies.
Somehow, being on the stage the whole time didnt seem to be as much fun to me. Smile

Gandalf Parker
Missing User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm learning how to play guitar. I've only been learning for a few months but I'm having a great time with it!
Missing User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

French Horn, Piano, and Recorder.
Missing User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocking out on the recorder Laughing Laughing

sorry sorry. oh I cant help it.

Laughing Laughing
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarko wrote:
Dont be so hard on yourslef. If you can play 4 notes at an average speed your an assist. You would not believe how had it is to find a bass player these days let alone one thats any good. No one wants to be a Jack Bruce anymore. No guitarist wants to step down (as they see it) and play the bass not reliseing that a person who choses the bass as there first instrument of choice can really turn it into somthing special

I used to play guitar only and then I thought ''hey, basses are awesome'' so I bought myself a nice Samick bass for 150 bucks in a pawnshop and sstarted playing it and loved it. Now, I love it so much I almost play it more than guitar and I've became better at bass than guitar. I play both guitar and bass in my band but more and more bass. So up there, I'll say bass Smile

been playing bass for 1 year and guitar for 2 and a half
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Finally made the move Reply with quote

I finally bit down and purchased a bass. I've been on the fence forever, but finally...
Only a few more payments, and I'll have a black Epiphone Flying V bass. Yeah, it's not my dream Rickenbacker 4003, but you have to start somewhere.
Missing User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play bass too, i have a 5 string ltd esp c series. Which surprisingly isn't in rising star Sad I dabble, trying to teach myself, it takes a lot of discipline.
Missing User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason you can't put it in, Punk. As long as you've got a picture and a list price, you can poke and prod the rest of the info to make it fit.
I did so for the 4003, a couple Deans, Fender's Jaguar and Geddy Lee Jazz, and Epiphone's Gothic T-Bird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: