Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

health

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Stranded Without A Phone - iPhone Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eve13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: health Reply with quote

It's the best game ever, thank you! I really enjoy it. Though it seems obvious to me what it takes for a game to be this good, not so many iphone games have it. even different family sims seem to miss the point - games of this kind must 1) let you improve something every day and then let you use it 2) give you surprises and opportunity to look for them. that's it, you won't quit ever Smile
Do you plan to make other like this?

i have a problem with health - it's getting lower and going to sleep even with full nutrition and hydration i wake up even less healthy and die in a few days cos herbal medicine helps very little. what do i do wrong?

is it if you're injured sleeping won't recover your health?
do injuries heal when you're sleeping?
what might prevent healing while sleeping? if nutrition and hydration are full.
give me some tips here please, don't want to start over again!
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the great comments! Did you post a review with those kind words in the app store?

When you are injured, your health will lower over time. The more you're injured, the faster your health will lower over time. This includes time passed while you sleep.

If injured 25% or less, your injuries will heal themselves gradually. However, if injured more than 25% then you must eat flowers or herbal medicine to heal your injuries. So it is critical for you to get flowers if you are more than 25% injured, otherwise you will surely die soon.
lherzog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've read all the posts, and I have to agree this game is very addictive! I have not been able to figure out the health and injury status bars...

1)is there supposed to be full status on injuries or no status on the bar?

2) if my guy's health and injury status is blank, and my belly is full (water and food) and i'm standing on the hex immediately between the lean to and the fire, why won't my guy sleep and get some health bar Question

3) Is there no possible way to get my health back up (of course, with trial and error, I've been injured many times: rocks, boars, coconuts)...

4)I've eaten all my spare flowers and several medicinal herbs and those two status bars stay blank...do I need to stock pile and eat them as fast as I can before I die?

LOL Exclamation I can't sleep for worrying about my little guy, and strategizing what to do next.

Thanks for all you've been doing to improve the game.
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goal is to keep the Injuries meter low or empty. The higher it is, the more your health lowers over time. Use flowers and medicine to lower the Injuries meter.

If you have foot and water, and no injuries, then sleeping will increase your health. It will increase more if you sleep next to a fire and/or Lean-To.
QDaddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a bug report on the app store, but thought I'd share that I too have experienced an inability to sleep when health is zero even though food and water needs have been fully satisfied. For me, where I try to sleep doesn't matter. I can't sleep anywhere. Nothing happens when I tap the sleep Confirm button. I originally died because I pressed the iPhone hardware sleep button instead of exiting the game to the iPhone home screen, and I starved to death, died of thirst and/or lack of sleep.
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can give me steps to reproduce it, I will fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Stranded Without A Phone - iPhone Game All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: