Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

Concerts this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiphnie and I leave for the Warped Tour on Satruday (show is on Sunday). Very excited....as it'll be my first time seeing Bad Religion live.

...and a couple weeks later on July 14th, Social Distortion in our home town.

In a state of musical Nirvana right now.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers!
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're home from Warped. Tiff and I had a blast. Got a tad bit sunburnt....but still. Got lots of pics and video.

If you have a Myspace.com account, let me know and add me. The best pics and video are posted there. I'll add ya so you can see 'em. If you DON'T have an account, let me know and I can post 'em up.

My Myspace is http://www.myspace.com/wilreynolds

Cheers!
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never ended up going to the Big Business/Tool concert. Oh well. :/
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Social Distortion tomorrow in my home town. Should be a great show....really looking forward to seeing them live. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers!
Anthrax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillissie wrote:
I never ended up going to the Big Business/Tool concert. Oh well. :/

Those Tool guys sound like some flash in the pan act, anyway. Wink
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home from Seeing Social Distortion.

Had a blast. There were two opening bands...The Heart Attacks out of Atlanta, GA and The Hangmen out of Los Angeles. The Heart Attacks were alright....their music wasn't bad, but their singer's banter in between songs was a bit on the grating side.

I really enjoyed The Hangmen. Cow-punk with a hint of blues thrown in. I will definately check out their new album. My interest has been piqued.

Social D goes without saying. Mike Ness is the epitomy of cool on stage and sounded awesome...as did the entire band. They are one of those rare bands that sound as good live as they do in the studio.

The show began with the band on stage playing the intro....then Ness burst on to stage, face covered outlaw style with a bandana...with a dozen roses when he gave to the girls in front (Tiphnie just missed catching one). Then they got to business and didn't disappoint. The set was tight and was one of those shows you just didn't want to end.

I should note that Tiphnie and I intentionally got to the Muni a bit early and got absolute front row center places for all three bands. The crowd was a bit rowdy...which I like. Tiphnie earned much respect when an obnoxious girl behind her nearly elbowed her in the head....so Tiff gave a strong backwards push and knocked the girl on her ass. She didn't fuck with Tiffany after that!

At the end of the show, Tiffany absolutely made a score. Not only did she catch one of the Social D set lists (that were taped to the stage), but she caught one of Johnny "2Bags" Wickersham's guitar picks...complete with Social D logo. Being able to get them autographed would've been nice, but the tour is off to Cincinati, OH and I don't think they'll be mingling much.

In the end, it was great. Not a hint of disappointment here. We heard that Social D will be playing again later this year with a bunch of shows in OC and Los Angeles. We're thinking about making a road trip that way....

Alright, I'm hitting the showers.

Cheers!
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. I have a few picks and sticks from bands. Most recently I got a stick from the drummer of Dillinger Escape Plan, which is great because he is just absolutely insane on drums. I also have Metallica guitar and bass picks, a Life of Agony bass pick, and a Joe Walsh pick.
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're going to see Social D again. This time, we're going to do Las Vegas, and wind up the trip seeing Mike Ness and the boys at the House of Blues.

Should be a fun trip....going there with a couple friends and are going to watch them do a Vegas wedding in the days preceding the show.

Very Happy

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: