Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

Concerts this year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Concerts this year? Reply with quote

Soooo, who's going to some shows this year?

Me? Got a couple lined up. Going to see AFI on March 9th in my home town...that'll be my wife's first real concert (gasp!). In July, I'm taking her to the Warped Tour in San Francisco. Should prove to be fun. Being a big Bad Religion fan, it'll be nice to see 'em on the main stage. I also hear that Rise Against is playing...and I really started enjoying them as well.

So what about you all?

Cheers!

Hawk
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch is coming to Detroit on March 15. My friends and I have seen Clutch a lot already, so it might be tough for me to find people to go on a Thursday night.

Nothing else coming up right now, but last fall I probably went to 4 concerts within 2 months. Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Foo Fighters/Bob Dylan, and probably more I can't think of right now.
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to see chevelle seen them 6 times great shows. going to see family values tour. tool on june 1st, godsmack seen them 3 times and they have a good show. aqnd i alwas go to local radio shows buzz bakesale and chrimas kaos.
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Concerts this year? Reply with quote

Hawk4669 wrote:
Soooo, who's going to some shows this year?

Me? Got a couple lined up. Going to see AFI on March 9th in my home town...that'll be my wife's first real concert (gasp!). In July, I'm taking her to the Warped Tour in San Francisco. Should prove to be fun. Being a big Bad Religion fan, it'll be nice to see 'em on the main stage. I also hear that Rise Against is playing...and I really started enjoying them as well.

So what about you all?

Cheers!

Hawk

I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS !!!!!!!!!

AFI is my top top top favorite band ever, they're actually the band who influenced me in starting to play guitar and bass and then to write songs and get in a band and now that's what I want to do with my future life... And when they came here in montreal on june 12th or 13th, my parents didn't want me to go because I had exams the day after.... what a bummer

I just saw Placebo though, it's my 2nd top favorite band :-p was the best day ever and kind of my first concert too hehe...
Missing User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw The Sword back in March, and am prepping for Rush's San Antonio show in August.
Being a Toiling Man plays hell with things... Missed Peeping Tom and Thomas Dolby when they rolled through.
Tiphnie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought tickets to see Social Distortion in July. Hawk and I found out completly by accident that they were coming to our hometown! Being that they are my FAVORITE band I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

So this summer within two weeks we will go to the Warped tour (and see Bad Religion)... and then see Social Distortion at home. "If you will excuse the reference to a Diety, I feel blessed" to quote Brian Baker!

*hugs*
tiff
stormtruppa

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I are going to see the Gaithers on June 2nd at the Worchester Centrum. It's a 4 hour concert.
punkusa20_2001

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to head to austin city limits music festival this year, bob dylan is the headliner.
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormtruppa wrote:
My family and I are going to see the Gaithers on June 2nd at the Worchester Centrum. It's a 4 hour concert.

Dang...marathon show!

Cheers!
stormtruppa

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk4669 wrote:
stormtruppa wrote:

Dang...marathon show!

Cheers!

It's a Christian concert. I hear there are busloads of singers for the show. For $34. a ticket I'd say we are getting our money's worth for 4 hours.
KomradeKasey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to see local shows nearly every week, but college has drastically reduced my ability and motivation to see many live shows. Plus up at college I don't know many of the local "sheds," to use SOGRS terminology, which doesn't help. Last summer (and probably again this summer) I worked with a theatrical/musical lighting company as a shophand/roadie/lowest-rung-on-the-ladder, so I got to see a few cool shows for free (backstage).
chevellefan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen Tool on Friday night it was an ok show. i have been a tool fan sence i seen them at laloppaloza in 91 0r 92.
punkusa20_2001

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing bob dylan at the austin city limits music festival this year.
daffygremlin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a Heaven and Hell concert this year. The opening bands were Machine Head and Mega death.
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on seeing Big Business open for some headliner named Tool. Big Business rocks!

I'm also planning on seeing the Slayer/Marylin Manson co-headling tour. That's an interesting pairing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: