Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

Favorite Bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Missing User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: fav Reply with quote

My Fav bands are:
Green Day, Metallica, Rise Against, All American Rejects,
Muse, Ozzy(Sometimes), Linkin Park, and erm.. Mountain Dew?(Dunno if that counts hah)
Missing User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like, Country, 80's Rock, and Christian music (There are a lot of good ones out there.) I know, what a range of music.
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aardvark wrote:
The following have been in my "Top Ten" list for about the past 20 years.

David Bowie
Brian Eno
Diamanda Galas
Laibach
The Rolling Stones
Hawkwind

Currently I'm really hot on the Dresden Dolls, and Thin White Rope

Ok, I can honestly say I'd never thought I'd see someone else reference Thin White Rope or Diamanda Galas....Wink

Cool!
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

triggercut wrote:
For classic stuff, figure in the usual, but I'll always have a soft spot for The Small Faces (vocalist Stevie Marriott is the only white guy I can think of--maybe Winwood, too--who can hang with heavyweights like Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett for soul shouting) and Mott The Hoople.

Yeah, I wouldn't have expected to see the Faces here. They were one of my favorites back in the day. I may have to see if I can make a t-shirt for them. I went to college in the Bay Area and spent lots of time at the Fillmore West and Winterland. Back then favorites were the Neil Young, the Dead, the Eagles, Poco, Jackson Browne, Iron Butterfly, the Stones, Traffic, Jeffeson Airplane (not the Starship so much), the Byrds, and lots more.

Later Heart was a favorite for awhile as I was working in Portland and Seattle and saw them several times. Ann Wilson really could sing and was quite gifted musically. She ended up marrying Cameron Crowe and did the music for several of his movies.

Lately my kids have turned me into a country junky. Today's country isn't the same thing it was when I was a kid, it is the same stuff the Eagle's, Poco and Jackson Browne were doing that was never called country. A recent favorite has been Little Big Town.

Note: Small Faces shirt now done.

Last edited by Missing User on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Campy"]
triggercut wrote:

Lately my kids have turned me into a country junky. Today's country isn't the same thing it was when I was a kid, it is the same stuff the Eagle's, Poco and Jackson Browne were doing that was never called country. A recent favorite has been Little Big Town.

Speaking of Country. Have you heard that song called, "Watching You." Not sure who sings it. It's about a guy and his 4 year old who copies everything he does. He asks where he learned this stuff. The little boy says, "I've been watching you." The video is great. As the father of a 3 year old, my son does this.
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormtruppa wrote:

Speaking of Country. Have you heard that song called, "Watching You." Not sure who sings it. It's about a guy and his 4 year old who copies everything he does. He asks where he learned this stuff. The little boy says, "I've been watching you." The video is great. As the father of a 3 year old, my son does this.

Yeah, that's Rodney Atkins. Not bad, I've always been a sucker for storytelling.

Here's part of it:
Watchin' You by Rodney Atkins

Driving through town just my boy and me
With a happy meal in his booster seat
Knowing that he couldn't have the toy
Till his nuggets were gone
Green traffic light turned straight to red
I hit my breaks and mumbled under my breath
As fries went a flying and his orange drink covered his lap
Well then my four year old said a four letter word
That started with "s" and I was concerned
So I said son now where did you learn to talk like that

He said I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool...
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the end of that video on CMT one day. It was so sweet it made me cry! (I cry really easy though, just ask Hawk!)
Hawk4669

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiphnie wrote:
I caught the end of that video on CMT one day. It was so sweet it made me cry! (I cry really easy though, just ask Hawk!)

No no, surely not!

(ok, it's true)

Cheers!
Missing User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav band is Metallica

and then Biohazard, Fear Factory, Sepultura, Panthera, Within Temptation, Muse, Linkin Park

And Toto Hahaha
Missing User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a crossed music soul. My teenage years make me an 80's fan with the likes of Madness being one of my favorites and then from the 80's i roll right back to the 1950's liking a wide range with a special fondness for doowop.

At the mo I am really hooked on Sam Cooke the guy really had a set of pipes.

SA
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: If I Like It, I Like It Reply with quote

My biggest likes are The Beatles, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead. However, there's plenty of room for others like Voivod, Kyuss, Alice In Chains, Neil Young (with or without Crazy Horse), and Rush.
My collection weighs toward the heavy, but I appreciate the Motown Sound (Four Tops, Smokey Robinson), Southern Rock, and jazz as well.
Missing User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my faaaaavorite bands :

AFI (was better before decemberunderground Razz)
Placebo
Kill Hannah
30 Seconds To Mars
Indochine (CHECK IT OUT !!! EVEN THOUGH IT'S IN FRENCH, SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOODDDDDD)
Shiny Toy Guns are cool

The killers, smashing pumpkins, etc.

That's the kind of music I loooove with my heart Smile
Missing User

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im big into the 90's pop scene, Third Eye Blind, Sublime, Matchbox Twenty, but I still enjoy everything from the dresden doll's (saw them open for nin) to paper lace Smile.
Silvertongue

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. a couple of explanations before I begin. 1) If some of these are people you've never heard of then it's probably because I'm an English immigrant who was never into the "popular" (i.e. lowest common denominator) scene of any music and holds some english musos sacred who haven't played in years. 2) Though I like music I'm more of a writer and therefore more into lyricists than musicians. This being the case I'm presenting my favorite artist-songwriters-bands below and the reason why.

For being truly surreal and for dedicating a song to "anyone who's MAD in the audience": Toyah Wilcox (supposedly punk)
For translating 1984 into a comment on the music industry and modern life: Hazel O'Connor (was punk, sadly now more country-ish)
For being one of the most varied lyricists there is and for not knowing when to quit - seriously, it's been forty years Rolling Eyes : Alice Cooper (Hard Rock/Glam Rock)
For being proud working class Englishmen (at least in song): Madness (Nutty Sound - basically Ska)
For questioning our moral hypocrisy to an almost sacriligeous level: Momus (indie)
For being gross and disgusting and prejudiced and obscene to the point that it's a hillarious jibe at the PC culture: The Macc Lads (some call them Punk)

I could go on, but I should stop.
daffygremlin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Bands/Artists
Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Lou Reed/Velvet Undergorund, Led Zeppelin, Oasis, The Killers, Jet, 2pac, Nas, The Who, RHCP, Run D.M.C, Young Jeezy, Wale, Gnalres Barkley, Wolf Mother, White Stripes, Heaven and Hell, CCR, Cream, Guns N Roses, Arcade Fire, Murs, AC/DC, Audio Slave, Beatles, David Bowie, Frank Zappa, Kiss, No Adress, Sublime, and Judas Preist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: