Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

Favorite Bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Worg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite band. Ever. : Rush.

Yeah, I admit it, I'm a sucker for art rock bands. Dream Theatre, Queensryche, Curved Air... Pretty much anything with great musicianship. This prolly also includes jam bands, like Dave Matthews, the Dead, and Phish.

I suppose that come from being a musician for 25 years, with a classical background.

I also like 90s pop/alt-rock: Matchbox 20, Veruca Salt, Soul Asylum, Screaming Trees, Spin Doctors... You get the idea.

However, I also dig Iron Maiden (somewhere in time was the very first rock album I ever listened to, tons of other rock stuff, from glam to shred and everything in between.

Of course... I also love Jazz. Chick Corea, Al DiMeola, Gene Krupa, Louis Armstrong, Doc Gibbs, Charlie Parker... there's nothing a good jazz album to pretty much rock your world with amazing musicianship and just plain out pouring soul into music.

And, finally, the biggest new discovery I've had musically in the last couple of years is Lacuna Coil. Great band if you even remotely like goth metal. And, the singer is amazingly hot. She was voted the hottest chick in metal two or three years in a row in one of the metal magazines.

and, to close... Classical music is also pretty awesome. They're called "classics" for a reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worg wrote:
And, finally, the biggest new discovery I've had musically in the last couple of years is Lacuna Coil. Great band if you even remotely like goth metal. And, the singer is amazingly hot. She was voted the hottest chick in metal two or three years in a row in one of the metal magazines.
for a reason.

I'm a Lacuna Coil fan as well. Discovered them in the PC RPG "Vampires The Maquerade: Bloodlines." And yes...Cristina Scabbia is hot.
Anthrax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worg wrote:
And, the singer is amazingly hot. She was voted the hottest chick in metal two or three years in a row in one of the metal magazines.

Yes, she certainly is easy on the eyes. Cool
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina Scabbia does a duet version of A Tout Le Monde on the new Megadeth CD. Interesting that they covered their own song, but the female vocals do sound great.

Also, if you like hot female metal singers, check out Girl Scout Hand Grenade from right there in Flint, Michigan. Tanya is hot! Oh yeah, and they're very original for a death-metal type of band.

http://www.myspace.com/girlscouthandgrenade
krius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallica, system of a down - now scars on broadway and serj tankian - korn, disturbed, blin182, greenday , don mclean, sepultura ... and some others =]
phenomx87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10ish:

Fear Before the March of Flames
Senses Fail
Brand New
Green Day
Matchbox Twenty
Jimmy Eat World
Chevelle
A Static Lullaby
Oh, Sleeper
Of Machines
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: