Gilligames Forum Index
Games that make you think.

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Create ProfileCreate Profile 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in

SOGRS 1.11 Update Now Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: SOGRS 1.11 Update Now Available Reply with quote

Greetings, rock fans! I have good news for you if you've tried unsuccessfully to play SOGRS in Vista.

Version 1.11 addresses issues related to Vista's "User Account Control" feature.

The updater is no longer automatic, and must be run manually any time you want to check for updates or apply updates that you've manually saved to the Updates folder. There is now an "Updater" shortcut installed in the Start menu folder, which is the only way to launch the updater. If you have UAC enabled on your PC, then you will get the annoying Vista prompt when launching the updater, since it needs to modify files in the Program Files folder (assuming that's where you installed the game).

Since this update required significant changes to both the updater and main program files, it will not be available as an incremental update. Please contact me if you haven't received an e-mail with the full download link.

Note: You will have to uninstall the previous version first. If you have mods installed, you should move the .sup files out of the Updates/Applied folder into a safe place before you uninstall, since they will get deleted. Save files will NOT get deleted, but it's not a bad idea to back those up too if you want. Once reinstalled, place the .sup files into the Updates folder (if it doesn't exist, create it), then run the Updater from the Start menu shortcut to apply the mods.

If you purchased the CD version and would like 1.11 on an official CD, please contact me and I will tell you how to pay for shipping and handling only.

Thank you so much for buying SOGRS!
kdwrigh

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still can not get the game to run in vista,it pops up to the screen to add my band name and pick a city but you can not do that no citys are there it is just a green screen but every thing else is visable.
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely related to the video card drivers in Vista. Please make sure you have the latest drivers. If you continue to have problems, please e-mail me directly.
jt-00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i get this new update? where is the download link
Gillissie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no public download link. Previous customers can e-mail me directly with your serial no and I will reply with the link. New customers will get the link as soon as they buy.
chal3oye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have UAC enabled on your PC, then you will get the annoying Vista prompt when launching the updater, since it needs to modify files in the Program Files folder (assuming that's where you installed the game).

Since this update required significant changes to both the updater and main program files, it will not be available as an incremental update. Please contact me if you haven't received an e-mail with the full download link.

Note: You will have to uninstall the previous version first. If you have mods installed, you should move the .sup files out of the Updates/Applied folder into a safe place before you uninstall, since they will get deleted. Save files will NOT get deleted, but it's not a bad idea to back those up too if you want. Once reinstalled, place the .sup files into the Updates folder (if it doesn't exist, create it), then run the Updater from the Start menu shortcut to apply the mods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gilligames Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: